Whether you’re practicing to be the new resident DJ at Berghain, or you just want to be able to listen to music how it should be heard, good quality tower speakers are essential. We spend so much of our lives listening to music, playing games, and watching movies that having premium sound quality can make such a huge difference to the entertainment experience. With the right tower speakers, your gathering could become the club night without extortionate entry fees. Or that night in with Netflix could become a full cinematic experience as long as you make sure to grab a bag or two of popcorn. The versatility means that you can have a home theater set up and one of the best music speakers all-in-one.
With so many options to choose from, we have compiled our favorite picks for the best tower speakers spanning across well-known brands, to new and exciting speakers released this year. Keep reading to find the last puzzle piece to your dream listening experience, and discover how to make the best choice in tower speakers for your home.
The Best Tower Speakers of 2021
1. Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Tower Speaker
This addition to the Polk Audio Monitor Series is a masterclass in how to provide unbelievable quality at affordable prices. The Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II is a bestseller tower speaker for good reason – it delivers better sound quality than some speakers that cost quadruple its price.
Behind its simple facade is immense dynamism with a particularly impressive frequency response. The midrange and the high frequencies come out sparkling and crisp, whilst managing resonant and intense bass. Equipped with a 1″ Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and four 6.5-inch woofers, this floorstanding speaker has all the tech you’d need to give you bright, detailed sound quality. It’s topped off with a critically tuned flared port which provides that extended bass response with minimal distortion.
- At a low price, you receive features and sound quality that would rival products in the price range of thousands of dollars.
- It gives a very full sound, with equal clarity on all sonic elements.
- The design of the tower is simplistic and basic as there is more emphasis on the performance of the floor-standing speaker.
- It features a slightly less robust build quality in comparison to much more expensive tower speakers.
2 . Sony SSCS3 3-Way Floor-Standing Speaker
This three-way, 4-speaker system is masterful at creating an expansive and immersive soundstage. These are some of the best tower speakers for the whole room to truly feel the sound. Sony’s floorstanding speakers include super tweeters with wide directionality. Those high-frequency notes are reproduced with ultimate precision across an expansive soundstage – you can sense the positioning of each instrument whilst relaxing in your living room.
It also boasts Mica Reinforced Cellular (MRC) fiber woofers, in place of the paper cones that you would find used in regular speakers. Whereas the paper cones deteriorate and flex over time, the Sony SSCS3’s MRC fiber woofers stay in shape even through high speed and pressure! This is overall an incredible option for those who want room-filling sound without breaking the bank.
- Loud and clear quality sound due to the super tweeters and a dome tweeter – can easily fill the room with sound.
- This floorstanding speaker is built to last with smart use of materials such as MRC and polyester fiber.
- There is less emphasis on mid-range quality in this 3-way speaker.
3. Riptunes Portable Bluetooth Mini Tower Speaker
This mini tower speaker from Riptunes is the perfect example of bookshelf speakers. Weighing just over 1lb, this speaker can easily fit on your shelves or be placed easily on a desk. These are the best tower speakers for those who want something small, portable, and easy to use.
They also feature a colorful light feature; the led lights flash to the beat of your tunes which makes it a perfect small party speaker. With various connectivity features such as a USB & microSD card reader, a hands-free speakerphone, and a 3.5mm audio line-in, you can listen to your media however you wish.
- Great smaller option for those wanting a boost to their listening experience, but aren’t focused on specific audio specifications.
- It can be easily moved around the house, weighing just over 1lb.
- The audio quality is best suited for newcomers, not audiophiles.
4. Klipsch R-820F
With the R-820F, the aim of the game is premium performance and incredible frequency response. With smart Tractrix horn technology, Injection Molded Graphite woofer cones, and an aluminum dome tweeter, Klipsch is dedicated to making tower speakers that focus on the listener. These speakers work perfectly within a surround sound system. An additional bonus is the elegant design of the tower speakers, with exposed fasteners and scratch-resistant, textured wood grain vinyl. These make the R-820F floorstanding speaker an aesthetically pleasing addition to your home theater system – you won’t want to hide these away!
- These tower speakers are highly visually appealing.
- It includes specialist design with the Tractrix horn technology for wider audio dispersion.
- You have to wire them to an amplifier or receiver which can be tricky for beginners to do.
5. Polk LSiM707 Tower Speaker
Another option from Polk Audio is their LSiM 707 tower speaker, which again appeals to all the audiophiles out there. With the intense bass output from the down-firing port and their Dynamic Sound Engine providing improved frequency dispersion, your music will sound like studio-level quality.
It can be easily integrated in a full setup with the rest of the LSiM series or you can buy a pair of these speakers to immerse yourself in lush, full-range sound.
- The cabinet engineering means it is sturdy with the heavy-duty enclosure construction on the back and bottom.
- Performs like much more high-end speakers.
- One of the larger floor standing speakers on this list, may not suit all rooms.
6. Definitive Technology BP-9020
This bi-polar tower speaker from Definitive Technology oozes power. With five speakers – including aluminum dome tweeters, you won’t have any trouble getting the finest audio from this. This is the perfect option for creating a lifelike 3D soundstage for your home entertainment system, or just to feel your music completely.
Also, there’s no need to buy a separate subwoofer to elevate the Soundsystem – this has an integrated powered 8″ subwoofer with bass reflex. All of this is encased in an aluminum cabinet designed to minimize resonance.
- Overall sound has great tonal balance, featuring intelligent bass control.
- There are versatile placement options – can be wall-mounted or even placed on a shelf or stand for great results.
- At the higher end of the price range, so might not be suitable for all.
7. Rockville ONE-Tower
With the Rockville ONE-Tower, you can have all your needs covered, keeping you connected with all devices whilst being a channel to listen to your favorite tracks. True to its name of being all-in-one, it has a variety of connectivity modes including HDMI, USB, and RCA input for connection to other audio devices. The built-in Bluetooth means you can easily stream from your smartphone or Echo device.
This floor-standing speaker can fill the room with 100W of balanced audio. At max volume, there is minimal distortion whilst the bass hits low and the rear port adds a nice punch to the overall experience.
- Affordable option that doesn’t skimp on the speaker’s high-quality audio technology.
- There is a huge variety of connectivity options.
- Experienced users of floor standing speakers may want something with more refined audio capabilities.
8. Samsung Sound Tower MX-T70
Samsung’s Sound Tower MX-T70 is a fun and high-performance tower speaker. With bi-directional speakers, it can produce high-powered sound that fills any room. This wide soundstage makes it perfect for listening to your favorite album or creating the best home theater system. The premium audio quality is thanks to a built-in 10-inch woofer, so you can feel the enhanced bass performance without having to buy a separate element for your speaker system.
These floor-standing speakers are packed full of fun extra features such as the led party lights that move with the rhythm of your audio. Using the Sound Tower app you can also use sound effects and adjust your EQ settings from your Android or iOS device. The party doesn’t end there as your speaker can also become a karaoke machine with two mic inputs.
- Capable of high-quality surround sound.
- Best floor standing speakers for a group experience as you can do karaoke and connect multiple devices.
- At a higher price point, the bass reflex isn’t as impressive as a customer may want.
9. Yamaha NS-F150 Floor Standing Speaker
These speakers from Yamaha is one of the best examples of how to create something that has incredible audio performance whilst being an elegant part of your home. Not all speakers have to hijack your home decor, these fit perfectly in your home theater set up. The NS-F150 is ideal for watching HD movies and listening to your favorite tunes.
The high-frequency response gives it that bright sound without neglecting the bassline. Overall, this speaker is capable of producing good audio performance from anything you give it, with consistently full sound.
- Produces reliably full audio, with a dynamic reproduction of HD movies as well as your favorite songs.
- The sturdy quality to the build of the speaker means it will be robust against the knocks and falls of home life.
- This speaker is a 2-way speaker which may not suit someone looking for a more nuanced audio experience.
10. Sykik Tower TSME26
This speaker from Sykik is another release aimed towards beginners – making good audio an accessible experience. With a 6.5-inch subwoofer and a pair of 4″ speakers, the Sykik Tower will deliver with no fuss! The wireless remote control can adjust volume but also bass and treble, giving you ultimate control. Also, you have the option to connect to an FM station whenever you’re tired of choosing what to put on.
- The blue led light display gives it a very smart appearance.
- The additional features of FM radio and wireless remote make it highly accessible.
- Not suitable for experienced tower speaker users, best for newcomers.
11. Fluance Signature Series Hi-Fi Three-Way Tower Speakers
For ultimate quality sound, the Fluance Signature Series is up there with the best speakers on the market. This hi-fi system has a durable build and impressive sound quality thanks to the twin 8-inch woofers. When it comes to the bass output, you won’t be disappointed with the guttural, reverberating bass drivers.
This also features a great feat of cabinet engineering with audio-grade MDF wood to create a warm, distortion-free sound. As well as this it has a tapered cabinet design to eliminate unwanted resonance and interference. A stylish addition for any modern home!
- Sturdy build with huge emphasis on great cabinet engineering.
- Exceptional high-quality bass
- At high volumes, there might be slight distortion in sound quality
12. BIC America Venturi DV64 2-Way Tower Speaker
This two-way speaker delivers hugely impressive performance at a low price point. The BIC America Venturi DV64 is packed full of force including dual passive radiators for an extended bass response. This speaker works best as part of a home theater system and has wide connectivity options. If you want quality without spending hundreds, then this is more than enough to meet your needs.
- Sleek, ornate, and aesthetically pleasing design.
- Works amazingly well as part of an affordable home theater system.
- As a cheaper speaker, it doesn’t produce the same sound quality as the high-end models.
13. Jamo Studio Series S 807-WH Floorstanding Speakers
The Jamo Studio 8 series has been designed to be the polished centerpiece of a modern home. With Jamo’s WaveGuide technology, there is an emphasis on high-frequencies to create the dynamic sound that Jamo has become known for.
The cherry on top is that these speakers are Dolby Atmos ready. This means it can deliver sound from all directions to fill the room with rich and clear audio. The result is a hugely cinematic and immersive quality to your listening.
- Versatility in placement due to the speakers’ front-firing tube port – can be placed in cabinets or shelves if wanted.
- The Dolby Atmos compatibility means you can have the experience of ceiling-mounted speakers at a lower price.
- The bass is slightly softer than some bass enthusiasts might be after.
14. Audio Pro A36
The Audio Pro A36 is a stereo pair that can produce full-bodied sound for your television experience. Whilst it is optimized for the TV and being snuggled up watching films, it also works incredibly well for your everyday listening. It supports multi-room listening with an easy to use app that allows anyone in the household to connect and stream whatever they want. This is the perfect option for someone more interesting in creating that cinematic experience from the comfort of their sofa.
- Comes as a pair so you don’t have to worry about buying multiple speakers like with some other brands.
- Specialized for the TV which makes it perfect for home theater.
- Less emphasis on listening to music means you’d need to add an extra subwoofer to get that ideal bassline.
15. JBL Studio 280
This offering from the audio giant JBL is a 3-way Dual 6.5-inch floorstanding speaker. They invested the Studio 280 with the kind of technology that makes for cinema-grade listening. The dynamic accuracy has masterful results, thanks to its dual 6.5” PolyPlas midrange drivers. The rear-firing Slipstream bass port also enraptures you in the punchy bass. JBL has managed to create some of the most potent and balanced sound quality with minimal distortion.
- The elegant design of gloss black paneling and soft rounded edges is extremely visually appealing.
- Massive amounts of audio technology results in masterful sound performance.
- You may want to invest in a separate subwoofer for the optimum experience.
16. GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker
The GOgroove Bluetooth Tower Speaker is one of the best value options on this list. This 38″ tall speaker has a built-in subwoofer alongside its 120 W of peak power. This is enough to ensure that you can really hear and feel the audio when listening to your favorite tracks or watching a film.
With 3 audio input options for every type of device, there is a wide device compatibility. It also features a phone and tablet cradle with a USB charging port and a wireless remote. GOgroove aims to provide good sound and accessible features. This makes it perfect as an entry-level speaker to get you into your audiophile ways.
- Has a polished design that makes it perfect for the living room area.
- Wide device compatibility makes it easy to use by everyone in the household.
- As an entry-level speaker, it isn’t as sonically refined as some of the more advanced speakers on this list.
Buyer’s Guide: Things to consider when buying Tower Speakers
To help navigate you through the world of Amazon and Google listings, below is a guide on what to consider when searching for the best tower speakers for you.
Two-way or Three-way
It’s much more straightforward than you may think: two-way speakers have two speakers that provide separate frequency selections, usually high and low. Three-way speakers contains three speakers where it delivers the frequency range of high, mid-range, and low.
Without getting too complicated, to create high frequencies you use a tweeter driver, for low you will have a woofer driver, and then if you opt for a 3-way speaker you will also have a mid-range driver for that mid-range frequency output.
Deciding between this is dependent on your audio needs. If you prefer listening to genres with less bass then 2-way speakers will perfectly suit you and could be at a lower price point. However, if you live for bass-heavy music then 3-way speakers can best provide you with that fat and full bassline.
The power thаt аnу gіvеn tower ѕреаkеr іѕ аblе tо рuѕh оut іѕ rеfеrrеd tо аѕ thе wаttаgе оf thаt tower sреаkеr. Lооkіng аt thе wаttѕ реr сhаnnеl wіll gіvе уоu аn invaluable іnѕіght іntо hоw muсh роwеr the tower speaker has.
Wаttаgе іѕ uѕuаllу ѕрlіt іntо twо tуреѕ — реаk аnd соntіnuоuѕ. Whіlе thе реаk роwеr іѕ thе mахіmum сарасіtу оf thе ѕреаkеr, уоu nееd tо lооk аt thе соntіnuоuѕ роwеr іf уоu wаnt а rеаlіѕtіс lооk аt thе wаttаgе оf thе dеvісе. Тhіѕ іѕ bаѕісаllу just the аvеrаgе wаttаgе that the device is capable of.
Whilst thе рlасеmеnt оf floorstanding ѕреаkеrѕ іѕ nоt a hugely significant factor in thе ѕоund quаlіtу аѕ thе рlасеmеnt оf оthеr items such as a ѕubwооfеr, you still need to consider it carefully.
Моѕt реорlе рut thеіr flооrѕtаndіng ѕреаkеrѕ nехt tо thе their television оr ѕtеrео set up, ensuring to lеаve ѕоmе ѕрасе bеhіnd thе ѕреаkеrѕ to eliminate interference. You’re free to mоvе thе ѕреаkеrѕ аrоund уоur lіvіng rооm to find the spot that provides the best acoustics but also somewhere that shows off your new tower speakers.
Remember! – For the best sonic experience, avoid plасіng your ѕреаkеrѕ іn соrnеrѕ as this could dесrеаѕе thе quаlіtу оf the bаѕѕ when listening to your music.
Aside from the core aspects of your tower speakers, there can be various little features that you may want. This can include having various connectivity options: whilst some floor standing speakers opt for old-school connectivity where you have to use wires and amplifiers, others allow you to use Bluetooth or an aux cable. You may also want specific design elements in your tower speakers such as led lighting or the ability to use mics with the speakers.
Which is the best tower speaker?
Our top pick has to be Polk Audio Monitor 70 Series II Tower Speaker, and it’s easy to see why. To get such a degree of power handling and sound quality, at such an affordable price means that this is one of the best tower speakers available in 2020. Polk Audio has a wide range of incredible speakers, but their addition to the 70 Series delivers performance like none other.
In terms of sound, their soft dome tweeter and four dynamic balance woofers achieve high-quality audio reproduction. Through a pair of floor standing speakers, you can get the experience of practically being in the studio with your favorite musicians. Without a doubt, this is one of the greatest value speakers on the market with one of the best, balanced approach to the listener’s experience.
It is the kind of tower speaker that will more than satisfy audiophiles, and make audiophiles of newcomers to the audio scene.
Why are tower speakers worth buying?
As music is recorded in stereo, they are reproduced best for listening with two channels. Tower speakers come with two left and right channels which are engineered to deliver quality sound that does justice to the original tracks. In terms of good quality music at a loud volume, tower speakers are imperative. They are designed to produce booming audio in whatever environment. Through the use of huge woofers and drivers, the speakers dispel noise and sound distortions, leaving you with naturally enhanced sound.
The best tower speakers are capable of sound quality that completely revolutionize the audio experience! Once you have floorstanding speakers in your home, you’ll realize why people are willing to spend huge amounts of dollars on them.
Is Polk Audio better than Klipsch?
Polk and Klipsch are in a tight battle for the best tower speakers – the best brand really depends on what you’re after! Sadly there is no easy answer. In general, Klipsch is well known for the huge sound that you experience fully whereas Polk tower speakers tend to be more versatile in placement and use.
However, if you want new speakers you need to decide upon your priorities. Your speakers should match your music taste, aesthetic choices and compatible with your sound system.